Professional Site Evaluation
The patented SunEye-210 is the world-leading shade measurement tool for solar site assessment. This hand-held electronic tool measures the available solar energy by day, month, and year with the press of a button by determining the shading patterns of a particular site.
The SunEye® enables the best solar designs and the highest ROI for solar professionals and their customers. It helps win competitive bids, saves time and money, and gives confidence in performance guarantees.
The award-winning SunEye incorporates a calibrated fisheye camera, electronic compass, tilt sensor, and GPS to give immediate measurements in the field. The one-handed operation, rugged enclosure, and outdoor readable display make it a reliable partner in the field.
The Suneye-210 now includes a lifetime license for the PV Designer software, enabling you to import shade measurements, select modules and inverters, layout modules, simulate kWh production, and generate PDF reports.
Extension Platform: make measurements from the ground. Great for the occasional inaccessible roof, wet or icy conditions, or for future construction of buildings or canopies. more...
Solmetric Certified Shade Training: online, interactive course that trains the student on best practices in the use of the SunEye and shade analysis. Purchase with a SunEye-210 and receive a 16% bundle discount (normally $179). more...
Hard Carrying Case: Limited time special price of $75 (normally $125) when purchased with a SunEye. The SunEye-210 comes standard with a rugged, padded pouch with a belt loop. This option adds a hard-sided carrying case that includes cutouts for SunEye-210, magnetic shielding for the compass, and a pressure release valve for air travel. more...
- Digital camera with calibrated fisheye lens
- Electronic Inclinometer
- Electronic Compass
- Single-Handed Operation
- Rugged, Comfortable Design
- Worldwide weather data
- Integrated GPS
- 6 Month Warranty
- Edit mode to add or remove shading obstructions
- Data views: Annual sunpath, monthly solar access, obstruction elevation
- Live Survey Mode - View Annual Sunpaths live as you scan the site
- Desktop software for use on Windows PC for viewing and editing date, exporting pdf or html reports for printing and emailing results, exporting files for other popular solar design and simulation programs, including PVSyst, PV*SOL, OnGrid, and others.
- PV Designer included (lifetime license)
- Also included with SunEye: padded rugged carrying pouch, AC battery charger, USB cable, stylus, wrist strap, quick-start guide, and DVD containing the desktop PC software and full user's guide.
- Worldwide operation and language settings for English, German, Japanese, French, Italian, and Spanish.
Shipping: For new products, shipping costs are not included in the published prices, but are quoted separately.
Returns: Orders may be returned within 30 days of purchase with a 10% restocking fee. Returns are not accepted for orders more than 30 days old.
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP2 or later (Professional, Home, or Media Center)
- 700 MHz
- 256 MB RAM
- 100 MB hard drive space
- Systems that do not meet these requirements may not operate correctly.
Currently, the SunEye desktop software does not run natively on Mac OS X. It is possible, however, to run it on a Mac using a Windows emulator, such as Parallels Desktop for Mac, or VMWare Fusion. It is also possible to install a copy of Windows via Boot Camp on newer Intel-based Macs.