Solmetric PVA-1500V2 PV Analyzer
I-V Curves and PV Performance Verification
The PVA-1500V2 PV Analyzer Kit is a 1500 volt I-V curve tracer with built-in PV performance modeling and advanced wireless irradiance, temperature and tilt sensing. It provides unprecedented measurement throughput and accuracy and delivers deep insight into the performance of your arrays.
In addition to the 1500V measurement capability, the PVA-1500 has a few additional enhancements over its predecessor, the PVA-1000S, including using WiFi to communicate to your tablet or laptop. This eliminates the USB dongle required for the PVA-1000S. We are now shipping the "V2" version of the PVA-1500 (ie "PVA-1500V2"). This second generation of the PVA-1500 product line adds: charging/charged LEDs on the I-V unit and SolSensor; in-the-field firmware upgrade capability so that you unit won't need to come back to the factory for new firmware features or patches; and more.
For each string, the PV Analyzer measures the I-V (current vs. voltage) and P-V (power vs. voltage) curves with a single button click. The measured results are compared to the expected performance, taking into account the irradiance and module cell temperature at the time of the I-V measurement. The I-V Unit communicates wirelessly to your Windows tablet or laptop (not included), enhancing safety and allowing freedom of movement during testing. Automated data analysis and reporting save you time.
The PV Analyzer is designed to work as hard as you do. High measurement throughput means it can measure 1 MW in less than 2 hours--even in hot environments where other curve tracers shut down. In an example PV system with 1300V Voc, 16 strings per combiner box, and 5 minutes to move to next combiner box, the PVA can make more than 800 measurements at 25°C ambient and 250 measurements at 45°C ambient. The incident angle corrected SolSensor is able to make accurate irradiance readings in lower light conditions extending your working window.
I-V curve testing is the preferred method for commissioning, O&M, and troubleshooting of PV arrays because it provides the most complete performance measurement possible. Populations of curves can be analyzed quickly for outliers and data can be archived as a baseline for future reference if performance questions arise.
Included with the PVA-1500
SolSensor Wireless PV Reference Sensor (included): Irradiance, module temperature, and tilt readings are captured at the instant the I-V curve is measured. Improves effectiveness of expected performance models. The SolSensor has a range of more than 300 ft and includes a module rail clamp and precision mounting system for POA alignment.
PVA Test Leads (included): Alligator-clips enable connecting directly to combiner box bus-bars. more...
I-V Data Analysis Tool (included): Excel macro for analysis of populations of curves and data plus report generation. more...
30A Measurement Capability (included): Measure up to 30A strings. This can be useful for measuring many strings in parallel, for example when harnessing before the combiner box is employed.
Transit Case (option): This rugged waterproof, dust-proof, and crush-proof case has custom foam cutouts for the I-V unit, SolSensor, and accessories as well as a pocket for a laptop/tablet (up to 14" x 10"). more...
Megger MIT2500 (option): Find pinched wires and leakage problems before they become dangerous with the Megger® MIT2500 Insulation Resistance Tester. The PV Analyzer software includes a feature for managing your meg-test data. more...
- Measures and displays I-V and P-V curves and key parameter values.
- Advanced built-in PV models provide immediate PV performance checking.
- Database of more than 70,000 modules, with automatic updates.
- Automates data management, analysis, and reporting.
- High thermal capacity: >800 measurements at 25°C ambient, 250 measurements at 45°C ambient, in example PV system with 1300V Voc, 16 strings per combiner box, and 5 minutes to move to next combiner box.
- Clear, colorful, touch-capable software runs on your tablet or notebook PC, providing rich insight into PV performance.
- Accurately measures high-efficiency modules and strings.
- Wireless interfaces for faster setup, safer work environment, and freedom of movement during PV troubleshooting.
- Charging/charged LEDs
- In-the-field firmware update ready
- PV voltage: 0-1500 V DC
- PV current: 0-30A DC
- Measurement sweep time: <250 ms
- Voltage accuracy (0 to 55 C): +/-0.5% +/-0.25V
- Current accuracy (0 to 55 C): +/-0.5% +/-40ma
- I-V trace points: 100, 500
- Wireless sensor range: >300 ft
- Operating ambient temperature: -10 to 45 C (14 to 113 deg F)
- 1 year warranty
The PVA-1500 comes standard with:
I-V Measurement Unit with soft carrying case
PVA Software for Windows™SolSensor Wireless PV Reference Sensor
- PV Analyzer Test Leads (MC-4 to alligator clips, 5 ft)
- I-V Data Analysis Tool for Microsoft Excel™
- Connector saver jumper set (two 12-inch m-f MC-4 jumpers)
- Battery charger (AC adapter)
Shipping: For new products, shipping costs are not included in the published prices, but are quoted separately.
Returns: Orders may be returned within 30 days of purchase with a 10% restocking fee. Returns are not accepted for orders more than 30 days old.
The PV Analyzer requires a Windows laptop or tablet that is not included with a PVA purchase. Minimum requirements and recommendations are given below.
- OS: Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Processor speed: 2 GHz or more
- RAM: 2 GB or more
- Hard drive: 100 MB free space or more
- Screen resolution: at least 1024 x 600
- Bright outdoor readable display
- USB port
- An extended life battery, swappable battery, or external backup battery is convenient for full days of testing (a 4MW system can take 8 hours to measure every string.
- For extreme, hot, or dusty environments we strongly recommend the Panasonic Toughbook or similar.
- Systems that do not meet these requirements may not operate correctly.